Jason Kulpa, UE.co CEO, is proud to cosponsor a scholarship for women pursuing a career in the technology field. Jason and his company, UE.co, are committed to building a culture that fosters inclusion and embraces equal opportunities, experiences, and ideas for all its staff. UE.co is proud to have 47% of management positions held by women, a statistic far above the industry average of 27%.
UE.co partners with groups like Women Who Code San Diego to host events like hackathons, workshops, and seminars to encourage women in the San Diego area to pursue a career in technology. In honor of International Women’s Day, Jason Kulpa and UE.co are introducing this new scholarship to support women looking to enter the technology field and decrease its gender gap. This is the sixth scholarship sponsored by Kulpa this year, as he aims to give away more than $1o,ooo in scholarships in 2019.
To qualify for this scholarship one must:
- Identify as female
- Be a full-time student in good academic standing at an accredited university in a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD program in the United States for the 2018 -– 2019 or 2019-2020 academic year, pursuing computer science, computer engineering, digital marketing, electronic engineering, or a closely related technical field.
- Hold a GPA of 2.9 or higher
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion in technology
- One winner will be selected to win $1,500
- Visit blog.ue.co/women-tech-scholarship to enter.
- Answer the question “What excites you about a career in technology?” in an essay of 500 words or less OR a video 60 seconds or less.
- Save as a word doc or PDF, or .mov file.
- Email your file to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following in your email: Name, School Attending, Expected Graduation Date, and Best Phone # to contact you.
- Finally, include your answer to the essay question in the comments on the scholarship page to inspire others!
- The deadline to apply for the UE.co Women in Technology Scholarship is April 26th, 2019.
- The winner will be announced in May 2019.
- Please email email@example.com with any questions.